Saturday, February 2, 2008

Moments in time...

Friday night - chilling with Jacob (Suzi is out of town at a womans retreat in Cannon Beach and Ethan is at his mom's). Stopped off to get a bottle of Martin Rey Cab Sav 2005 at Cork n Barrell in Forest Grove on the way home. I thought a nice glass of wine to end the week would be relaxing...little did I know what was in store for me later. Jacob is still under the weather, and he went to bed around 7:30pm and I watched the blazer game...wow that was a close one. My buddy Justin helped me create a "life dashboard" to include the things in my life and color code it to highlight areas of need. While I was leaning back, I bumped my wine glass and it fell off the table and broke and spilled all over the biege carpet...Now...red wine on beige carpet...help! I poured club soda and tried my industrial vac to suck it all out....but I have failed...I have a large 4 x 4 foot area that is ruined with a shade of red. Any ideas to clean it out are welcomed at this point. Suzi comes home in 1 day...argh! Today (Saturday) I woke up to snow! Can you beleive that, more snow....Jacob and I went to Ethans basket ball game and he was great! He is really picking up the defense and starting to drive and shoot more....I really was proud of him. His confidence is building! Jacob was pulling on Erika's hair during the game and was fascinated with the ball and kids running around. Well, back at home...just watching the snow come down. Need to catch a nap (Jacob is sleeping now as well).....have lunch. If anybody knows how to get some wine out of carpet, let me know!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,

I am sure you "Googled" how to get it out. So I won't mention that. I know I have seen with the Rug Doctor Machines "Red Dye" remover. You might see if you could find this and try it :) Hope this helps. There is Woolite Carpet Cleaner (it is in a blue bottle) that I use to get out a lot of stains. Nevered used it for red wine but it did considerably lighten red fruit punch on our tan carpet:)
Take care,
Lesley Fisher

PS Shout Advance might work as well. It took set in blood out of the kids sheets.