Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What's our Purpose.

Hi All,

Well, after a bit of a hiatus, I am back at the driver's wheel. Hopefully I'll give some complete thoughts to the blog:) Don't worry you weren't the only one that had trouble following Jason's blogs!

This weekend I went to a women's retreat with 150 women from our church. It was a great time to get away and refresh. The topic was discovering our purpose - on a global level. It was very interesting to think that it is my responsibility as a Christian to preserve our earth. I've always tried to think globally - recycle, moderate spending, not be wasteful, etc...because I think that's the right thing to do. But, for some reason I've never thought of the Earth as a gift from God that we should preserve. That means moderating resources and taking care of those in need. It takes it to a whole new level. Pretty cool. I'll work on posting some ideas that they gave us to start small in efforts to make changes in our actions.

We also talked about many other things, like reconciling those that are seperated and in pain, on a local and global level. Additionally we talked about reconciling relationships we have and breaking down walls that prevent the reconcillation. I decided I just need to pick up the phone and chat with people; sometime between high school and now, I've decided I can only call or talk to people if I have a 'business purpose'. That has prevented me from the deep day to day relationships that we all desire. So, hopefully some of you will get some calls for me just to chat. Don't be worried:)

I can't resist an update on Jacob. His ears seem to be better and he is laughing much more lately. It's very fun. He likes to say mamama and babababa. I walked in tonight after a day trip to San Francisco and he squelled in delight, it was cool.

No comments: