Friday, August 8, 2008

We Made It!

Well, after working for over 7 years at Intel, both Jason and I have started our first sabbatical. What does that mean for those of you who don't live in Intel speak? It means we have a 8 week paid vacation!

To be honest, I'm a little scared as I contemplate what life will be like without work for 8 weeks. But I'm positive by the time I get to 2 weeks I will wonder why they don't give us 10 weeks!

So, you ask what will you be doing with your time? Well, that's not hard to fill.

As many know, we bought Harry our travel trailer a few months ago in anticipation of our sabbatical. So we will start Sunday by doing a 3 week road trip with both boys. We are going to visit yosemite, grand canyon, monterey, crater lake, florence....we estimate 3500 miles and over 70 hours of driving! We'll see how the boys do!

Then we will come home and Jason will finish his MBA and gradutate the first weekend of September.

Then Jason and I will be leaving the boys at home and heading to a resort just outside of Cancun, Mexico for 9 days.

Then we want to do some service projects in Portland.

Jason's last week will be spent cleaning the garage and planting trees and relaxing. I will be getting my program managers certification. Don't worry, I will have a week after that to have my last week of relaxation.

So, that's what we're up to. And I'm sitting here watching the opening ceremonies for the olympics, which is always my favorite time of the year - woohoo!

No comments: