Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tel Aviv - Israel Days 1&2






Hi there from Tel Aviv. It is warm here...not unpleasant...just humid and about 85-90. Friday and Saturdays are "the weekend", and Shabat for the jewish begins with a certain time printed in circulation (like tides) and followed to the minute. In Tel Aviv, the beach sand is nice (hot) and is covered with umbrellas and people playing sand games, laying out, smoking, eating, swimming in the incredibly warm sea. I got in on Friday around 6pm. I quickly rushed to the beach and fell asleep on a towel for 1hr. It was nice, about 75 at that time, not too bad...and the nap was great! I walked around the beach promenade a bit, walked about 3-5 miles throughout the city, and landed at an ice cream shope right on the beach! Wow, was that good! After sleeping only 4 hrs, I woke up and had breakfast, very good assortment at the Sheraton! Again, walked around looking for suntan lotion, sunglasses, and airborne (thought I had a cold coming on). Found all of that - dont ask about the exchange rate...3.3 sheckels to the dollar, meaning the suntan lotion was about $30! Things are very expensive here in Israel currently, and the dollar is weaker than ever. I visited Old Jaffa today as well, and got super burnt! I am a lobster (post to follow). I am missing my family...called the clan and they are doing well.




1 comment:

Kevin said...

Every step you take in Old Jerusalem is a mitzvah. Enjoy your time there and see as much as you can.